This scale model assembly kit recreates the Japan Ground Self Defense Force (JGSDF) Type 16, which reached units beginning in 2017. An 8-wheel vehicle, the JGSDF classify it as a Maneuver Combat Vehicle (MCV), a highly mobile and well-armed vehicle intended to provide supporting fire and take on enemy armor as a part of rapid response units. Its domestically designed L/52 105mm rifled gun is a low-recoil piece with perforated muzzle brake and a fire control system to enable accurate firing on the move. Rolled steel turret and hull employ modular and spaced armor estimated to be able to survive frontal hits from 20-30mm class guns and portable anti-tank weapons. Thanks to its 570hp engine, the 26-ton Type 16 has a top speed of around 100km/h and significant range; it looks set to provide a major boost to JGSDF units as its rollout continues.
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 176mm, width: 63mm.
Model has a dedicated parts breakdown for a hassle-free build without sacrificing accuracy.
• An accurate rendering is based upon extensive research of the actual Type 16, authentically capturing the modern silhouette with a moving depiction of the 105mm gun.
• Features crisp molding on details such as non-slip surfaces, plus multi-piece machine gun and mount.
• The 8-wheel suspension is depicted in style, with fixed wheels. Elastomer tires have a realistic tread pattern.
• Decals are included to recreate periscope openings and muzzle brake perforations.
• Comes with one commander figure and two marking options.