This model recreates a 1.5ton Russian cargo truck which formed a key part of the Russian war effort in WWII. Due to scarcity of materials after the commencement of hostilities with German forces, the 1941 model of the truck was redesigned to use only the bare minimum of metal. It lost its doors (replaced with canvas curtains), right headlight, front bumper, front brakes, while front fenders received a flattened shape. In a further effort to reduce the amount of metal used, it was also given floors and a rear cockpit panel made of wood. It was produced until 1949, with around 300,000 rolling off of the production lines.