This is a highly-detailed model in large 1/16 scale of the highly used and reliable Kubelwagen Type 82. The Kubelwagen was originally designed as a civilian vehicle, but after German militaristic expansion and mobilization in the late 1930's plans were soon made for a military version. After the poor performance of the Kubelwagen Type 62, an improved model designated Type 82 went into mass production in 1940. The Kubelwagen Type 82 featured a trustworthy 4-cylinder, horizontally opposed, air-cooled engine, capable of 23.5hp at 3000rpm and provided a top speed of 80km/h. Over 50,000 Kubelwagen’s were produced by the war's end. From the searing heat of the North African Front to the blistering cold of the Russian Front, the Kubelwagen Type 82 was used for reconnaissance and communications purposes.
• 1/16 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 242mm, width: 100mm
• The Kübelwagen is expertly rendered in 1/16, complete with depictions of bodywork reinforcing press lines.
• Features semi-pneumatic rubber tires. Front wheels are steerable.
• Doors and engine room cover can be assembled in open or closed position. The engine room features a detailed recreation of the 4-cylinder horizontally opposed air-cooled engine.
• The Kübelwagen can be depicted with hood up or down, and window frames installed or unused, allowing a whole variety of choices.
• Comes with a driver figure.
• Four marking options are boxed together with the kit.