This Tamiya 1/35 scale military miniature recreates one of Germany's formidable lightweight tanks. This subject in fact started life as a light tank developed for Czechoslovakia, but was adopted and renamed 38(t) by German forces after their occupation of the country in 1939. It was equipped with a 3.7cm main gun and could reach speeds of up to 42km/h powered by the 125hp engine. A number of variants were produced, of which the Ausf. E/F 38(t)s were manufactured over a one-year period from November 1940; they featured improved armor and were thrown into the conflict with Soviet forces after the start of Operation Barbarossa.