This model faithfully recreates the German Self-Propelled Howitzer Wespe. It is a classic model from within the Tamiya catalogue, but this version includes updated parts and new marking options for vehicles that fought on the Italian front.
Originally designed as a stopgap, with a production run of 676, this Pz.Kpfw.II chassis-based howitzer exceeded German expectations. Intended mainly for infantry support, the Pz.Kpfw.II’s moving turret was replaced with a boxy stationary superstructure equipped with the Type 18/2 10.5cm L/28 howitzer. While the crew of 5 were not blessed with overwhelming protection, their vehicle was a mobile threat to Allied forces nonetheless.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 143mm.
• Includes new parts recreating stowed MG34 machine gun and ammo case, flare case, communications equipment, first aid box and more.
• Features assembly-type tracks allowing depiction of sag.
• Open-top fighting compartment allows inspection of interior details.
• 10.5cm howitzer offers traverse and elevation/depression.
• Comes with 4 figures in action pose – gunner, 2 loaders and commander.
• 2 marking options recreate Wespe vehicles deployed in the Battle of Anzio, the Allies’ amphibious assault that led to the eventual taking of Rome.
• Marking Option 1: 26th Panzer Division; Marking Option 2: 29th Panzer-Grenadier Division.