This kit updates the popular British Matilda (Item 35300) with parts to recreate a Soviet-spec Matilda.
The tank itself was a durable, heavy design with 2-pounder gun that was well-suited to the slower infantry tank role in British armor doctrine. Eventually, the Matilda was replaced by the Valentine. Like the Valentine, it was supplied to Soviet forces under a lend-lease scheme. Around 1,000 were provided; they were generally given new tracks and simplified suspension with bogie skids, re-designed side skirts, and other modifications.
• 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 174mm.
• The form of the Matilda is richly reproduced based on a detailed study of the actual tank. The turret, gun mantlet, and front hull feature a realistic cast metal texture.
• Link type assembly parts recreate the tracks (69 links per side).
• Parts are included to recreate the bogie skids in the suspension, while side skirts are newly re-designed to accurately reflect those on Red Army Matilda’s.
• Hull front locker hatches are the slit-less type.
• Comes with 2 Red Army torso figures (driver, commander), and 2 Red Army Matilda marking options.
• Soviet-design assembly track parts
• Suspension bogie skid parts
• Solid (no slits) hull front locker hatches
• 2 Red Army torso figures
• 2 Red Army marking options