ALCO RS-3 DCC Sound Equipped Locomotive - New Haven (McGinnis) #1508 - HO Scale.
Introduced in 1950, this all-purpose 1600-HP locomotive had the stamina and strength to handle road trains in freight and passenger service, yet was also agile enough to perform yard duties. With its rugged, dependable design, it’s no wonder that many of these versatile RS-3 locomotives survived well beyond their contemporaries, with examples still continuing to perform their as-designed roles on short lines and tourist railroads to this day. This DCC sound-equipped model includes our TCS Sound Value diesel locomotive package, featuring a prototypical prime mover, 3 air horns, and a bell. A Keep Alive® device allows the model to operate smoothly over dirty track and during power interruptions.
• TCS DCC-Sound Value equipped for speed, direction, and lighting
• Keep Alive® device for smooth operation over dirty track or power interruptions
• all-wheel drive
• precision can motor
• dual, precision-balanced flywheels
• super-quiet, helical-cut gears
• die-cast chassis
• metal coupler cut levers
• fine-scale handrails
• blackened metal wheels
• prototype-specific directional headlights
• RP25 wheel contours
• E-Z Mate® Mark II couplers
Performs best on 18" radius curves or greater.